RSS

The Reader (2008)


I thought it was just another "awarded movie"
Luckily I did not miss out this brilliant piece

Hanna & Michael met and were attached to each other 
They had an affair later on, and their relationship only endured for a summer time
It was an old story actually
However I am still highly impressed

It was not because of their significant age-gap relationship
it was the spiritual connection between them which lasted for almost 10 years
Hanna went to jail after the trial
Michael tried to abandon the past as well as his memories
Yet he failed to do so
Their souls connected again after all these years
During that time although they were apart from each other
their hearts were linked with no dissimulation

"If you love someone who is guilty, do you become entangled in their guilt? and 
CAN WE CHOOSE WHO WE LOVE?"

I believe if they had the chance to return to the past, 
they would have made the same choice

0 comments: